April 3, 2008

March Madness

Is anyone else having a hard time believe it's APRIL already? Time sure does fly when you're having fun!!!! In lieu of trying to find a perfect picture to post, I thought I'd post some of the shots that have not quite worked out the way we wanted.....














First, very exciting news to report! Our friends, Tracy & Patrick Clayton from Chicago, welcomed Patrick Joseph Everett ("PJ") into their family on March 27th (6lbs, 3 oz & 19 1/2 inches - I THINK!!!). Since they are staying in Connecticut for a few days, I was lucky enough to jump on the ferry for a quick visit. He is GORGEOUS and PERFECT and such a great baby!!! Congratulations to the new Clayton family!



Second, a Skylar "medical" update. Her cilia scraping went well on the 24th - It was quick and painless! She only cried while I held her and she has a bloody nose on/off for the remainder of the day. Even though the office was in the Bronx, we got there quickly since there weren't many commuters the day after Easter. We were home by 2pm, including picking up Kaitlyn from Mema/Papa's house! We will find out the results in about a week and a half. Will keep everyone posted (no pun intended!). On the bright side, she is doing terrific and we are on week 5 of a healthy kick! (knock, knock). Tomorrow she is having her speech evaluation with the county.

Kaitlyn is doing great as always. I thought I'd share the phone call I just had with her (which was on speakerphone in the office since Janet likes to hear her talk!):

Mommy, I am having the worst day.

Why? What happened honey?

Well, I felled on the playground at school and cut my knee. Miss Jodi put a bandaid on for me. Then I had diarrhea. It was terrible. AND I coughed all day at school.

I'm so sorry you are having such a bad day, what can I do to make it better?

You can just come home right now. Please.

I can't come home right now, but we can have the special chicken soup with rice (she doesn't know it's Campbell's, and what's worse, she prefers it over my homemade soup!) for dinner. I bet that will make it better.

I do want the soup for dinner. Ok, I'm hanging up now. Love you.

And that's Kaitlyn - Drama Queen! We are signing her up for camp in the local theatre this summer, we think she'll do great.

No comments: